- Roger Sutton on the ongoing picture book issue (or non-issue, depending on where you're at).
- Forgotten cremains at the Oregon State Hospital.
- If you haven't heard, the National Book Award finalists were announced. I haven't read any of the Youth finalists, though I have a copy of Ship Breaker at home waiting for me.
- Speaking of awards, have you submitted your Cybils nominations yet? Colleen has posted a roundup of NF titles she's surprised haven't been nominated yet. I noticed that although the ineligible Incarceron has been nominated a few times, its sequel, Sapphique, has not.
- Yetis vs. Bears!
- Halloween cake stencils. Hmm. Cool, but they require a lack of frosting, which is an issue.
- Directing Kristen Stewart is like "wrangling a herd of cats". In a good way.