Odds & Ends: May 15
- The Kindle edition of Riley Redgate's Noteworthy is only 99¢ at the moment!
- At Lee & Low: The Diversity Gap in Children's Publishing, 2018. "Even as the number of diverse books increases substantially, the number of books written by people of color still has not kept pace. Not much has changed since last year when Black, Latinx, and Native authors combined wrote just 6% of new children’s books published. This year the number is only 7%."
- At the Guardian: Anne Frank's 'dirty' jokes found on diary pages she covered over. "They photographed the pages, backlit by a flash, and then used image-processing software to decipher the words, which were hard read because they were jumbled up with the writing on the reverse sides of the pages."
- From Silvia Moreno-Garcia: Latin Americans in English Language Speculative Literature List 2018.
- Melanie Gillman, author/illustrator of the FANTASTIC As the Crow Flies, has made their first book, Smbitten, available for pay-as-you-can pricing. "A graphic novel about lesbians, swing-dancing, fancy hats, and vampires. What more could you ask for??"
- At Twitter: