- At the NYT: It may not have been scarlet fever that blinded Mary Ingalls.
- Introducing: Bookish.
- Scalzi is donating money to various charities every time A Certain Troll posts about him, and others have pledged to match him. Follow-up here.
- Agatha Christie was investigated by MI-5 during WWII: "Christie happened to be a close friend of Dilly Knox, one of the leading codebreakers at Bletchley Park. MI5 was concerned that the major's inside knowledge of the progress of the war was based on what the codebreakers knew about Hitler's plans. Had Christie mischievously named the character Bletchley because Knox told her what was going on there?"
- Via Biblio File, I got my first look at the cover of Golden Girl, the sequel to Dust Girl.
- At NPR: On Sendak's last book.