- Seven things to avoid in YA cover blurbs. I'm totally guilty of some of these in my review synopses, but I'll add another one anyway: 'touching' or 'inspirational' as code for Totally Emotionally Manipulative But Will Make Leila Cry Buckets Despite Her Seething Hatred For It. (See: What Dreams May Come.)
- Have you been keeping up with the BFYA nominations list?
- Diana Gabaldon's Outlander to be a miniseries. (Or maybe it will be an ongoing series? There's plenty of material.)
- What with the recent blow-up over the HuffPo's decision to run an Op-Ed piece by Stop the GR Bullies, some questions arose about the validity of criticism directed at the STGRB blog: criticism that suggested that STGRB is stooping to the very behavior that they claim to stand up against. This post at Gossamer Obsessions makes great use of screencaps to build a damning case against the pseudonymous bloggers.
- And then there was this bit of Ye Olde Can't Look Away From The Crazypants Trainwreck Even Though It's A Beautiful Saturday drama. So, in addition to making a ton of these and playing approximately one billion games of Carcassonne, I had a very busy weekend.