- Damn. I had decided to skip Hancock, as I'm pretty tired of Will Smith. But that was before I knew that Jason Bateman co-stars...
- Michael Recycle? Seriously? Did we learn nothing from the utter lameness that was Captain Planet? (Warning to Brian: this bit might make your brain explode (sorry in advance if it does...)):
And using established film and TV writers means that the path back to Hollywood for screen adaptations may be easier for these properties, “because they’re being written by people that [the studios] know can produce great scripts for them,” Kurtz added.
- I shouldn't be excited about this. Just be aware that I am admitting nothing by linking to it.
- Holmes and Watson will be returning to the big screen. I suspect that the casting will cause some amount of controversy. I'm in the I-Adore-Everyone-Involved-But-I-Think-It's-A-Really-Bad-Idea camp.
- Cute Overload has posted a real tearjerker of a video. (My apologies for the Whitney.) I got curious, googled around and found a brief Wikipedia article about Christian the lion, a Daily Mail piece and a website about George Adamson.
- I'm not quite sure what "Her latest novel has "adventure" written through it like a stick of rock" means, but I'll read The Nostradamus Prophecy just because of the title.
- Just for the record, I am pro-Bookslut. Lowercase and capitalized, the term and the site. More along those lines at Ed's.
- Crazy-Ass Lit Lawsuit. More at Smart Bitches and, again, Ed's (third item).
More later, maybe -- hopefully I'll actually have time to write about some, you know, actual books that I've actually read recently!